Sign in to follow this  
stevef182

vr6 idle

am looking to buy a vr6 and went to see one yesterday, the only things i found wrong with the car was firstly the heater 'direction' dial spun but didnt enagage and as a result was fixed 90% on the front windscreen and also the idle seemed quite low..around 5-600 rpm..is this usual? its not particularliy erratic, just low..

also any ideas on how much would it be to fix the heater dial?

N.B has had a new heater matrix so no probs there!

seems like a good bargain but had idle problems with my 16v and dont want the same issues again.

the tickover when warm is very low, mine idles at about 600 ish, when cruising around i barely rise above 2000, prob why im a little suprised at the fuel consumption, i think im doing better thanmy V5 lol!

to all of the above: that is exactly what i wanted to hear...ended up buying the car yesterday! :) what an awesome machine!

Nice one, get some pictures up. I love mine, had it a few weeks now, although I already have a list of things to do and things I want to do to it, I am off work this w/e so going to attempt as many myself as I can.

Lee

Nice one, get some pictures up. I love mine, had it a few weeks now, although I already have a list of things to do and things I want to do to it, I am off work this w/e so going to attempt as many myself as I can.

Lee

epsom is only round the corner from me..am sure i will see you driving around at some point! will get some pics up soon! also have w/e off work..first job..give it a proper clean!

That is just around the corner, I have an office (well my company does) in Dorking, an estate agents. Im based in Ashtead, and we have offices in Bookham and Leatherhead too. May well see you about then...

Lee