Sign in to follow this  
jimbo jones

Battery/Alarm? Help.

My 95 rado has been laid up in the garage for 6 weeks, obviously the battery has run flat and she won't start i have tried using a jump pack but nothing happens only the alarm goes off intermitentley. Charged the battery up but still nothing, dash lights and indicators work etc but she will still not start just the alarm will go off again after trying to start the car. For some reason i can not the alarm off with the key fob.

vw factory fitted alarm and toad immobilser.

Any suggestions welcome.

It does sound rather like the alarm is refusing to disarm, which is leaving the engine immobilised - Are you sure the battery is taking the charge fully? Do the headlights come on brightly, or just a dim glow?

Does the engine try and turn over? i.e. do you hear the solenoid clack engaging for the starter and/or the lights dim a bit as you try to turn it over?

First try holding down the disarm button for 15 - 20 secs to resync the remote to the alarm. If that doesn't work disconnect the battery for about 15 mins then try again. Worked for me - the original vw alarm can get screwed up if the battery goes absolutely flat.

I just tried it again on my lunch break it's noe not doing nothing not even any dash lights coming on so it might be the battery. I'll chuck in another battery at the weekend to see what happens.

I just tried it again on my lunch break it's noe not doing nothing not even any dash lights coming on so it might be the battery. I'll chuck in another battery at the weekend to see what happens.

"yep, after all my stressing it was only my battery"