Sign in to follow this  
Patch

Door handle

Right i've got one of these repair kit's for the door handle,i've got the handle out,but don't know what to do with the wire attached to it.How do i remove the wire?

If i remember correct , remove door trim, unclip the wire down inside of door and should be connection block(push in) near the bottom of the door. Remember to re clip the wire in door top prevent trapping in lock /window mechanism

Done all that,i can't get the little screw to bite into the hole!!! Driving me mad.

It does take some effort to get it to bite. I've got some other screws you can try if you get stuck.

int it reverse thread on some cars?

I think he's refering to the procedure to change the striker arm on the handle and not to remove the handle from the door.

Going to have another go at fitting this repair kit today,but i've lost the instructions that came with it.Could anyone pm me a copy please?

Going to have another go at fitting this repair kit today,but i've lost the instructions that came with it.Could anyone pm me a copy please?

Too big to PM, drop me your email address.

Any special trick to getting a screrw to bite???? It just wont grip :mad2:

No special trick, just try harder. It sometimes takes a lot of effort but then again I've done some that didn't.

If you get stuck just send me the handle and I'll do it for you.

Well i got it done to a fashion,broke through the wires and still doesn't work.Oh well,new handle it is then.How much are they???