Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

HELP needed asap! headlight switch UPDATE 4: Fixed!!!

Could even be the ignition switch if by pure coincidence the switch has gone. I was messing with the car once and it wouldnt start either after i had finished. Turned out to be the ignition switch that coincidentally had just happened to go at that time.

the start motor is firing etc, its literally just won't kick into action on its own, like there is no fuel etc

i did notice a few wires not plugged into anything, but didn't know if they meant to be like that, also not sure how to find out what they are, probably not a good idea to just plug things into places i spose :(

the start motor is firing etc, its literally just won't kick into action on its own, like there is no fuel etc

i did notice a few wires not plugged into anything, but didn't know if they meant to be like that, also not sure how to find out what they are, probably not a good idea to just plug things into places i spose :(

A failed ignition switch would show these symptoms though. At least when 2 of mine failed the starter motor would turn but the car wouldnt fire.

Fixed at last

got the fusebox back out again and some of the connectors that fell out previously weren't quite pushed in on the bottom edge, they were sort of ski-wiff (sp) :lol:

drove it to work today and all seems fine, just lost the light in the ashtray which i'm not too concerned about at the moment

pretty happy now that i got it sorted on my own, (with the help of forum)

will send some money to forum now