Sign in to follow this  
glen

R32 engine

I'm using stock management, and trying to keep everything the engine requires (eg air pump) if space permits.

Nice one :)

It's doable if you can be bothered. Are you using the VW Caddy / Van floor mounted DBW pedal?

The R32 owes a lot of it's character to the Variable intake and variable timing. To lose all that would be a shame, but for some there is no other option, hence the Alfa throttle and Standalone.

Oh and the MK5 R32 definitely does not have FSI, because I looked at one in detail quite recently :wink:

And bugger me with a pitchfork if MK5 R32s don't *still* have that characteristic 12V "off beat idle" :lol:

Although inside the car you can't feel it because it's a much better made car. With the bonnet up and running, it rocks about on it's mounts just like a 12V.....

Im planning on using the stock ECU for mine, im only missing the MAF, inlet trunking and the fuel hose. As the MK5 only has a single fuel supply to the rail ill need to invest in one. Part prices from VW arent too bad really but i suppose if you are used to Corrado prices then we are used to being big spenders..

Ive ended up with the full wiring loom for not just the engine but the entire car, fingers crossed there arent any important bits missing...