scarlet_vr6

scarlet_vr6's blackberry!

...Not long to the sun will be here and it'll time to arrange a South Coast meet or two.

Here, here. :D

a meet is def needed soon... :D I know UD is only a few weekends away but we should have a meet before the show season really kicks in!!

although I am going to the Ox meet on the 2nd....

Speak to Dom, he's got a set of Audi wheels that will be up for sale soon I believe.

Very tempted myself.

As for the background, well I worked at the Reading dealership for a few years. In fact, it was thanks to Zippy that I found the forum. He joined the company, saw my rado in the car park and tracked me down! I'm a big Porsche fan too and was lucky enough to be at the company when the Cayman was launched so I got a free track day as part of the product training! I've also been out in a Carrera GT, what an experience that was... 8)

Luky Girl!!

Im loving the Cayman, so in proportion & purposful looking...... 'rado still looks tidy next to all those pricey porkers though!! 8)

As for the background, well I worked at the Reading dealership for a few years. In fact, it was thanks to Zippy that I found the forum. He joined the company, saw my rado in the car park and tracked me down! I'm a big Porsche fan too and was lucky enough to be at the company when the Cayman was launched so I got a free track day as part of the product training! I've also been out in a Carrera GT, what an experience that was... 8)

Luky Girl!!

Im loving the Cayman, so in proportion & purposful looking...... 'rado still looks tidy next to all those pricey porkers though!! 8)[/quote:1klpqq22]

thanks!

The Cayman is good. I was very impressed and I def see it as a mini 911 rather than a better Boxster. I drove Boxsters and a Cayman on that training day and much preferred the Cayman.

Quick rado update too... as well as an oil and filter change yesterday, the NSR shock absorber was changed. It was beyond leaking, disgraceful really :oops: but now a step closer to passing the MOT in a few weeks. I had a lot of help with the shock absorber, in fact I only removed the parcel-shelf-mount-trim-thing (technical name lol), but I'm learning. Slowly.... :D

I had a lot of help with the shock absorber, in fact I only removed the parcel-shelf-mount-trim-thing (technical name lol), but I'm learning. Slowly....

Its all good fun, isn't it! The amusing thing is that, for sheer number of nuts and bolts, there are more holding the parcel shelf support bits on than the actual shocks themselves!

I had a lot of help with the shock absorber, in fact I only removed the parcel-shelf-mount-trim-thing (technical name lol), but I'm learning. Slowly....

Its all good fun, isn't it! The amusing thing is that, for sheer number of nuts and bolts, there are more holding the parcel shelf support bits on than the actual shocks themselves!

yeah I noticed that Jim, it amused me too!

Agreed but that bottom bolt took all 10 stone of my weight to undo... :D

if your ten stone then so am I.

:wink:

I think that would make me a ballerina too...

:lol: :lol: Bless the 4th nut that hides just behind the suspension mount, its just great!!

here ya go Fay http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.p ... pic=136293 bloody bargain if you ask me :)

karl

I've seen you spending Michael's money on his thread before and now you're trying to spend mine :lol:

You're right though, they look like a bargain. Doesn't say what size they are so I will wait to see what the reply is as someone else has asked. Interested though but payday isn't til next week... How much do you reckon it would cost to get them refurbed (not bothered about polished)?

thanks Karl, good find!

i love trying to spend other people money, the missus spends enough of mine :lol:

as for cost of refurb, you could do a very good DIY job for about £30ish, professional job would cost anywhere between £200-£350. so attempt it yourself (not hard) then if your not happy get a pro to do it.

karl

i'd have thought 50 quid a wheel to strip them and re coat them if theres no bad curbing, but get vw centers they look better than the audi ones

i love trying to spend other people money, the missus spends enough of mine :lol:

as for cost of refurb, you could do a very good DIY job for about £30ish, professional job would cost anywhere between £200-£350. so attempt it yourself (not hard) then if your not happy get a pro to do it.

karl

I wouldn't know where to start! What would I need and what's the process?

i had to double take when i saw the pic with it wearing the rc's....

...due to the background I assume 8)

Feeling too lazy today to carry buckets of water around so I made a start on the interior instead. I finally got around to trying the Megs Interior Detailer I bought months ago. It doesn't remove marks particularly well but it's given the dash etc a much fresher look, I wouldn't say 'as new' but it certainly doesn't seem as aged now. It was pretty effective on the heater control surround though which was looking very tired and grey. I did take a couple of before and after pix but they don't show what I mean very well..

The main problem I find with giving the car a bit of tlc like that, is that I find more and more things I want to sort. Anytime I go near the thing, the to do list just gets longer and longer :(

ah I see - your avatar confused me! Still undecided about what I want to do about wheels on mine but tbh I need to spend money elsewhere first :(

MOT passed.. :D

..on 2nd attempt. Failed on headlight aim, side light bulb (which I had checked about 3 days before - unlucky) and a track rod end. Nothing horrendous so happy with that. I hope a Magnex is imminent, just need to get tax and insurance out of the way in April first.

Always a relief when it passes Fay :)

Not being smug but having mine done next week and hoping it passes for 10th consecutive time - call it an obsession :lol:

Nice one. It's always a bit of a hairy moment, no matter how much time / effort / money has been sunk into the car.