Sign in to follow this  
BigIainy

Just joined,cos my other half has just got another Corrado

14uakxc.jpg

Been lurking for a few months now, :)

the forum has been invaluable already,in fact it's nearly as good as CelticMinded.com 8)

this is my good lady's Corrado,she's had a few VW's before,namely a 1.8 Corrado and a MK3 Golf VR6,but after driving a Focus :shock:

for the last year,i've finally got round to getting her another Corrado(well I'm never going to get her MK1 Campaign back on the road,but dont tell her that :( )

It's a 1993 16 valve,and I picked it up really cheap and am going to do a wee rolling resto on it,got the brakes done and it's running great after a full service and new lambda sensor,looking for a standard exhaust and maybe some better wheels.

So I hope you dont mind if I pick your brains about certain things,and I'm going to make a concerted effort to post regularly on here 8)

Cheers folks,and Hail Hail.

welcome :)

i reckon the wheels could look alright with different tyres.

what are they?

Look like Le Castelettes, maybe the spelling is wrong :)

Cheers folks :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

First bit of advice required please,where's the best place to try for a set of mudflaps?

and also where can I buy a new or secondhand front bumper splitter/rubber thingy? :thumb right:

know it well - I went to college with a girl from Auchinleck.

Hmmm!!,a female from A/Leck that went to college :shock: ,that narrows it down dramatically,I must know her :lol: :lol:

lol!

I went to Killie college and did Environmental Chemistry - girl was called Audrey Smith

If it's the Audrey Smith I know,she's very nice :) :)

Hey another Ayrshire Corrado at last :)

Looking good does your Missus allow you to drive it? :lol: :lol:

Cheers :thumb right:

She's letting me drive it at the moment,but I think that might be to do with the heater blower no' working,and the

fact that it's been baltic for the last fortnight.

Thing is I bought her a nice winter coat for christmas,knowing the Rado was about to go on the road :mrgreen:

So what is she like? Is it the same Audrey Smith?

Must be the same Audrey,really nice girl and well pretty as well,cute face,dont want to say a great deal more

in case it leads to a ban :shock: :lol:

trying to remember what She's driving the noo,she had a wee Civic a year or so back,it'll come to me. :sleeping:

Aye Audrey is ok.but I've got a bad reputation,so that's me f****d :roll: :roll:

lol

Ever down Largs way mate?

Aye,I used to make it my usual Sunday run,Nardinis etc,it's a great part of Ayrshire,especially with the 3 toons bypass now.

Had a bad experience once though in my own car,I'd just taken it out after the Winter,and I headed for Largs,no realising that the front calipers were sticking,just coming up the hill at the golf course,my brakes totally failed,I'd boiled the brake fluid,managed to free wheel across the road and into the golf club car park,to a standstill.

It Shitting I was!!! :bad-words: