Sign in to follow this  
StueyB

Indicators - Early spec vs late spec

Hey guys,

Looking into buying some new indicators for my '95 VR and was after some info.

I was wondering what the differences are between early spec and late spec indicators, from pics they look very similar so i'm assuming its to do with the way they mount? Is it possible to fit early spec indicators to late spec cars?

Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Stu

late spec indicator units are £20-ish +VAT ea from GPC............why the hell would you try and fit crappier looking early ones into a late spec is beyond me

See thats just personal preference, i actually prefer them, just needs the bumper tweaking to make the front look better.

Haha all useful replies in their own way.

Bearing in mind i'm a corrado newbie and its probably the equivalent of me asking can mk2 polo indicators fit a mk3 i really just wanted to know how they differ and why. "In a word. No" just doesn't quite cover this.

The early ones site in the bumper by screwing into the foglight as well as being clipped in on the outer edge.

The late ones are designed to fit into the plastic housing that comes as part of the foglight.

The external shapes are slightly different although you can fit late units into an early bumper you would also need to change the fog lights as well if you wanted to fit the early indicators.

Oh and the early indicator units are now obosolete on one side, cant remember which, so you are already fighting a losing battle.

Hope that helps and clears up the confusion :)

StueyB I take it you know the early 1's sit into the bumper where as the late 1's sit more flush to the front of the bumper.

That clears things up guys, cheers.

Looks like its gunna be far easier finding the correct fitment ones for my car apposed to trying to retrofit early ones.

Will have a bit of a mess with mine 2moro to see how they fit.

Any tips on removing the indicators from the bumper?

That clears things up guys, cheers.

Looks like its gunna be far easier finding the correct fitment ones for my car apposed to trying to retrofit early ones.

Will have a bit of a mess with mine 2moro to see how they fit.

Any tips on removing the indicators from the bumper?

yes they just push against the spring sideways towards the outer edge and come off the clips on the centre edge and pull inner edge out first