Sign in to follow this  
timg60

e-bay polisher

thats cheap,so much so ive bought one and will let you know 8)

definately keep us posted on this, very interested!

I would check that it is a orbital polisher. If straight forward polisher will need to be careful in use otherwise can easily burn paint. Mequires have recently brought out an orbital polisher its £150, expensive but good . I have one and am impressed with it

Geoff

thats cheap,so much so ive bought one and will let you know 8)

Thats what I thought. tbh I thought it was to good to be true. So will let you be the guinea pig :lol: :lol:

no joking aside i hope it is ok.

t

I would check that it is a orbital polisher. If straight forward polisher will need to be careful in use otherwise can easily burn paint. Mequires have recently brought out an orbital polisher its £150, expensive but good . I have one and am impressed with it

Geoff

Its a rotary one looking at it so wont be an orbital. Tbh though a rotary isn't that hard to use and its not easy to burn through paint unless you use a really aggressive compound polish and sit there with the polisher on high speed on a certain spot for ages. I started on a rotary and still use one now and never had any problems, ok they are a bit of a handful at first but you soon get used to them and they are quicker than orbitals at getting results.

This one looks like its up to the job and at a good price too. The one i got is a Silverline which i think was about £50, used it loads and it still works fine and gets good results.

i'd like to learn how to polish using one of them machines.

could get loads of peoples cars to do

how do you learn? and how do you know what compounds to use etc? whether the paint is safe to polish?

Yep exactly one of them. The difference between the orange and blue is that the orange has the 'slow start' function which is a good feature but iirc thats the part that fails on these where as the blue which doesnt have the slow start is fairly reliable. I have the blue one, and obviously you just start on a slow speed and then work up as apposed to putting it on the paint and turning it on full speed straight away.

i'd like to learn how to polish using one of them machines.

could get loads of peoples cars to do

how do you learn? and how do you know what compounds to use etc? whether the paint is safe to polish?

Check out http://www.detailingworld.co.uk if you havent already been on there, thats all i used to learn and i have done quite a few cars now including some high priced BMW's etc and had great results. There are guides on how to use the polisher, which pad and polish combos to do etc.

Basically you want to get a scrap panel from a scrappy or an old car to practise on first, get a selection of pads for example the megs ones which are a dark red one for heavy cutting, a yellow one for general polishing and a peach one for finishing. Then get some polishes ranging from a heavy cut to a finishing polish for example menzerna power gloss (heavy cut), Intensive polish (medium cut) and final finish (low cut/finishing) or the megs range (#80, #83 etc) and just practise with different pad and polish combos starting from the lowest cut polish on the softest pad and working your way up (that is what you do on a car to test how to polish the paint as some paints are soft, like japanese cars generally, and would only require a finishing polish where as other paints are hard as hell, like volkswagen!!!, so would need a medium/heavy cut polish).

I like the look of this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMAZING-Industria

It seems to offer better value as it includes the polishing heads a half decent case to keep it in.

Free postage(all for £10 more or £4 including the postage on the Silverline)

I might give this a try myself :)

Link seems dead for that one! :(

I like the look of this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMAZING-Industria

It seems to offer better value as it includes the polishing heads a half decent case to keep it in.

Free postage(all for £10 more or £4 including the postage on the Silverline)

I might give this a try myself :)

Link seems dead for that one! :(

Sorted :)

Got it today,and its well worth the money,hard case metal locks.

Came with two sponges,one wool ,and a anti static cloth.

The polisher does have a good feel and the 6 variable speeds work well and with a trigger lock off.

Also came with a spare set of motor brushes.

Thumbs up from me 8)