Sign in to follow this  
efil4sbuD

Strange yellow lead.

Hi, can anyone tell me where this little one pin yellow lead is supposed to be connected to please?

I've had the engine out and didn't bother to label everything as they should only go back in one place but i can't find anywherefor this one to go. The lead isn't long so it's connection can't be far or it's not used.

Thanks, James.

new021.jpg

Is this a "Guess the engine" competition?

Looks 16v-ish to me, but no idea what those two connectors above the front mount are, so thinking maybe it's not a 16v.

Oops, sorry. It's a VR6.

I mentioned that originally then must have deleted it when i edited.

Thanks to Mystic Rado for the link, it is the same wire. That's put my mind at rest.

Looks 16v-ish to me, but no idea what those two connectors above the front mount are, so thinking maybe it's not a 16v.

You can tell it's VR by the thermostat housing in the top of the picture, the 16V and G60 don't have them, you could probably see a bit of the head if it were either of the 4 cylinders, and tell the difference from that.

hat>

Doesn't it connect to the top of the oil filter housing, there are two rubber shielded connectors at the front and a third like that one behind???

Nope. It's just a random.

The oil pressure and temperature sender wires are closer to the filter housing.

Ok, as we've confirmed it's one and the same wire, I'll lock this up to avoid confusion :lol: