Sign in to follow this  
g-master

vipertech

these are a suspension kit from Venom with life time guarantee,with powerflex bump stops lower by 40-80mm depending on which kit you go for priced at £239+ vat. any one ever used this got or is running this suspension at the mo? i was also thinking about going for a weitec kit from c+r the ultra gt price £240 with vat? any thoughts of which is the best kit to go for im only looking to spend about £300 and lower about 40-50mm ???? cheers :?

I had the Weitec kit on a 16V C years ago. I removed it and have it one my Golf now. Top quality gear.

I had teh TX adjustable kit but the GT is pretty much the same. I think the damping is on a par with the TX set to stiff. Thats where mine has been since fitment.

I think the Gt can still be adjusted by circlips for rear rideheight. The front on mine was way low and speed bumps were a bit of a prob with the 90mm spoiler. Also with big drops your exhaust needs to be fitted right, new rubbers help matters and new bumpstops are important too.

I don't think you would be disappointed with the Weitec stuff.

Gavin

DubWhizz had the -80mm kit on his G60 Golf and it was REALLY low! :shock: I've driven it with this kit on and I have to say that it handled and drove really well, especially when you considered that it is as low as it is... :shock: 8) It felt better than my MKII golf when I had it, and that was only lowered 30mm on a Euro car parts kit... :?

After driving that, I went for the Venom supplied Supersport coilovers just 'cos the guy there (I really must try to remember names!) recommended them! 8)

Cheers H100VW think i will go with the weitec kit, it seems like a good kit for the money :) it will drop it by about 40mm do you think the exhaust will hit rear axle its not a standard one its a jetex system?

I had bother with my Jetex until I fitted new exhaust rubers. You need all of them replacing at once. Like I said the rear bumpstops need to be perfect ie new.

My Golf still makes me grin round corners.

Far better to spend good money on conventional suspension, than fit cheap coilovers. Don't forget to have the alignment and camber checked out afterwards if you are fitting the stuff yourself.

Cheers

Gavin