Sign in to follow this  
VR6golf

a simple question

Hi to all! I'm planing to change my VR engine which is AAA(i suposse that means it's 2.8,right?)with an ABV(2.9).

Can anyone tell me the differences between AAA&ABV except bhp(174-190),and I'm planing to get it from a vw sharan vr6,so another question does vw sharan have a 2.9L ABV engine,or all of them are AAA 2.8?

thx in advance!!!

Welcome to the CF mate.

Only the corrados have the 2.9 and there is not much differences between them besides bore size,inlet manifold,cam profile and fuelling.

Later engine have OBD2 and have the same power as the golf for a 2.8,do a search as its been covered allot.

You mean even a 2.8 vr6 with OBD2 has the same power like 2.9vr6?? 'Cause mine has OBD2 it's 1995 vr6 golf mkIII with AAA code on engine.

Passats have 2.9s too.

Late ODB2 engine management on the Golfs tends to make up the small difference in capacity.

Passats have 2.9s too.

Late ODB2 engine management on the Golfs tends to make up the small difference in capacity.

Are you sure? thought they were all 2.8's?! never seen a 2.9 passat ever... :?

Passats have 2.9s too.

Are you sure? thought they were all 2.8's?! never seen a 2.9 passat ever... :?

I meant Vento. I remembered just after I'd left the computer. I'm sure they're 2.9.

only the Corrado and IIRC the very rare mk3 Golf Synchro have the 2.9 ABV,the Sharan,Vento,Caravelle and Passat have the AAA 2.8 VR