24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

Just thought I should post a few pictures of how my car has developed over the last two years. Its getting there but there is a hell of a lot more to come!

It started as a straight but tired standard G60, then things changed a bit.

For latest pics see the last few pages.

Making good progress! Looks very nice indeed.

Is the colour normal VW blackberry?

Cheers. There is a lot more to come this year! Roll on inters '04

Nope its Porsche Amethyst, but it is very very similar to Blackberry metallic.

J

To be honest very little. I always sell things to buy things. The paintjob was just the cost of the materials, as I prepped it and my mate is a sprayer.

The dash I fitted myself with the help of my mate.. Obviously there is outlay but I have never just paid a lump sum for something to be done, I do it all myself.

Wheels I have always, swapped or bought cheap and I managed to work my way up to RC's. My mates say I am a jammy git, but I just work hard at finding bargains and work hard at doing the mods. Much to the GF's frustration! ;o)

J

Why did you get rid of the BBS? Your car looks ace with them on! Do you reckon that a TT dash would go into a Golf Mk2 as well as its gone into your corrado? Looks absoultly brilliant. How much where scrap yards quoting you for a TT dash? Shouldnt be much there carnt be to much demand.

Very nice corrado! :D

CaiosG60

Cheers, its getting there.

I only got rid of the BBS splits as the ride was not great on them, turned out it was more down to the suspension I was running at the time and the Koni coilovers I have now are much better. I kind of wish I had stuck with them, but there is something special coming soon in the wheel department.

The TT dash would probably be quite tricky to fit well in the MK2 as the centre tunnel is lower than the Corrado or Rallye.

Most breakers wanted £500+ for the dash, but suffice to say I got it for a fair bit less! :o)

Most breakers wanted £500+ for the dash,

Once the airbags have gone off in the TT, the dash has to be replaced completely, the passangers airbag rips the dash apart when it goes off ( I found this out to my own expense :roll: )

The stealers will charge you about 2k for a new one :x

So im sure if you explain this to your friendly breakers it wouldnt cost you much as its not a salvageable part.

:D

It does not rip it apart as it had gone off in mine and you can see where. I am going to get a panel made to cover it, that will look like an airbag patch.

The expensive stuff is all the dials, climatronic, centre tunnel, A bars etc.. The TT dash is still difficult to find and even harder at sensible prices.

J

It does not rip it apart as it had gone off in mine and you can see where.

Have a look at a TT dash, there is no panel there until the airbag has been deployed, Hence the need for the a complete new dash every time the airbags go off at great expense. (nice one audi)

:D

Awesome mod btw your motor looks cool :D

Yeah I know there is no panel there until is goes off, but a lot of cars have a panel where the air-bag is, so it will not look odd having a neat panel.

The bit that is replaced if the airbag goes off, is just the top half of the dash. Yes this part is £600 from Audi because of the airbag, but what I meant was the rest of the dash is still sought after so you will not get usually get it cheap.

Glad you like it mate.

Cheers

J

The bit that is replaced if the airbag goes off, is just the top half of the dash. Yes this part is £600 from Audi because of the airbag

F**kin lyin b*st*rd repair shop.

When i had the quote done on my TT before it was repaired the repairers quoted a couple of grand for the dash.

Guess ill be ringing the insurance company on monday to find out what they got charged for the dash repairs.

:mad:

G60Renshaw My Golf GTI G60 has the higher center bit for a syncro system, so that would make it the same as a rallye. :D

From what you have said, are the corrado dashes and rallye dashes of very similar dimensions then? The reason I ask is that a corrado dash conversion now sounds quite easy if there of a similar size! :wink:

I didnt notice the airbag pannel cover thing. It looked standard to me, like it was meant to be there. Well done, fooled me! :lol:

Cheers

nice car bud

What king of grille is it? cut down golf one?

thought about making a custom panel that houses maybe a TV for sat nav or the like? Just a thought :)

Love the colour :) Nice to see i aint the only person to put late lights, in the early bumper :)

Loved the BBS Splits too 8)

:lol:

Cheers for all the positive feedback lads.

I was very careful with the newspaper selection for the re-spray, glad someone noticed!! ;o)

The grilles have changed once or twice, but vary from cut down Jetta to cut down Golf...

I did think about putting a TV in the dash but I don't want to attract attention really.

Late lights in the early bumper is one of the easiest mods I have done. Late headlights to come soon.

Jay.

Late lights in the early bumper is one of the easiest mods I have done. Late headlights to come soon.

Piece o pi$$ aint it? very worthwhile too 8)

I think i read, you only need late headlight glass and surrounds, the headlight units themselves are no different.

Hope this helps :)

You've done a cracking job J... love the colour.. :D really done well :D

also the pics in on the newspapers when the motor was being sprayed looks interesting.... :lol: