Sign in to follow this  
JasonSanders

5 stud hubs onto a G60

I believe you can do it by either using some adapters or the preferred method (based on info from other members) is to use VR6 rear discs and VR6 front hubs and discs. That latter should bolt on and they can come from a Golf or Corrado VR6, but watch out when pilfering from the Golf VR as the really late ones had 288mm discs. You need 280 ones.

Kev

JasonSanders, Ah ha! Wheels i too am considering (DRAT!) :lol:

What i was going to do was buy them as a Porsche fitmaent, then use Porsche adaptors. Then it stays the same spec for selling the car on, and if you need to sell the wheels, i believe more porsche owners would be interested, and pay i higher price :D

Hope this helps :)

I am fairly certain the VR hubs wont just swap straight onto the G60 platform.

The VR uses a wider track Plus axle setup and has different bottom ball joints and stuff.

I think what you could do (apart from redrilling your four stud for 5s) is to push the centers out of the hubs fit them into your G60 hubs. That way you get the 5 stud with the 4 stud hub. i cant remember what the implications with drive shaft outer splines are though, Hopefully the G60 outer CV joint will be identical to the VR one and you will be laughing, otherwise you will need the VR outer CV, then that may not fit the G60 drive shaft, so you will need the VR drive shafts, which are an inch or so longer each side, so you will need the plus axle setup! But looking on the bright side if you need the plus axle setup you wont need to p1ss about swapping the hub centers over! :mad:

its a tough one - all depends on the spines on those CVs

Some one on here will know if they are the same.

well as far as i know. the older ones were pretty bad, but now adays your meant to be ok. i tihnk H&R do them and the like. get them from places like eurotek etc... thing they're about 200 notes tho. but very nice wheels

dubster You can also get adapters from supergolfs and a company called Dub Club racing. I've seen a set of the Dub Club racing ones at inters looked very nice. Anodised blue they were, he also gives away the bolts that you need with them. Some companys qoute £200 for the adapters but then sting you on the bolts you need to atach them to your hubs!!

The hubs I have are off a Golf GTI/VR6 and they look the same as my 16v corrado hubs. Different size bearing I think but they still fit my drive shaft/CV set up. I was going to put them on my corrado but I got put off by the rear rallye axle, that would have cost loads to convert. Anyway I still have them so for £40 they are yours.

Jason when I get the cheque I'll let u know.

Ben

you can fit the 5 stud discs straight on, or fit a vr6 rear axle for the wider track (I've got a spare).

for the front, you can keep your calipers and carriers and fit 5 stud discs and hubs into your bearing carriers with VR6 outer CV joints.

OR you can fit the whole VR6 hub assembly 280mm or 288mm brakes (remember the 288 calipers and carriers are different), but you will still need the VR6 outer CV joints, and you'll have to modify the ball joints so they'll fit in your narrow track wishbones.

Ideally, you should fit VR6 wishbones, ARB's and driveshafts and the rear axle.

i want to do it because i want to put BBS LM's onto the car and they are only availible in 5 stud fitment

excellent choice - beautiful rims :p not cheap though!