Sign in to follow this  
cheesey

Intercooler change and new oil cooler question

Greetings.

Nope just the bolts n the cross head screw holding the brake duct in place and the bumper will pull away.

As for going to more depth yes you can do this on many cars. The IC can flow more air but the IC is not as eficent at cooling the air. The slim chracteristics of the G60 or rallye IC enable the air to be spread over a large area with little depth. This enbles more eficent cooling.

All a bit spody I know but there you go.

evening all !

that first link for the sprinter intercooler was mine ! i wouldnt recomend the the sprinter, its a cheap alternative. theres far to much pipework and to many bends to get it all plumbed in.

hense its coming back out to be replaced with a ths parts jobbi !!

Hi Smiffy, Indeed The pipework yeah I did see n think Space Shuttle main engines :D

Bloody nice car though my friend.. Love the colour sets the wheels off a treat.

I have just bought a Ford Cosworth 2wd spec FMIC that are going cheap on ebay. Now Ok it is not as big as the Rallye ones but is a bit deeper. Now that may not be ideal but offering it up to the bumper it is going to fit in the number plate apperture. This means I can have it exposed to the air, nothing to get in the way and therefore good airflow. I expect to see good gains from this, just need to work out the piping, which should not be too bad seeing that you get a nicely angled outlet to play with.

8f2d_1.JPG

dose it realy matter what way up you fit the cooler, joints up or down

my point being theres oil left in the pipes as the coolers lower than the sanwich plate

oh yeah pic of the car with new wheels