Sign in to follow this  
kaiserVR6

MFA issues

afternoon all,

8)

Been having an issue with my MFA, the MPG section reads 99.9 mpg anyone know what could be causing this??

Also my boss at work has an MK1 gti and his MFA is reading about 16 mpg, but thats between a half or third of the actual consumption.....little help would be grand fellas!!!!

Another quickee, anyone got a diagram of the Fuse box, ei which fuse is for which relay?

sweet

Not on the VR6, the MFA mpg is computed by the ECU based on injector timings and distance travelled. You either have a faulty ECU or a faulty gearbox sender unit. Does the speedo work??

Though confusingly, our OP's nickname says "VR6" but his signature says "1.8 16v" .. which is it man??!

was just about to post about this too!! mine reads exactly the same! and on mine everything else inc speedo works..just the mpg reads 99.9

Not on the VR6, the MFA mpg is computed by the ECU based on injector timings and distance travelled. You either have a faulty ECU or a faulty gearbox sender unit. Does the speedo work??

Though confusingly, our OP's nickname says "VR6" but his signature says "1.8 16v" .. which is it man??!

dont know what car he has mate, but mine is a vr and im having the same problem so if you could shed any light on the matter it would be much appreciated! and yes, my speedo and everything else works!