Sign in to follow this  
cmv

corrado with vernier pulley

my corrado has been modified with vernier pulleys by previous owner.No VW garages can tune the engine as I do not have the specifications for tuning vernier pulley.

can some one give some tips or tell the garage who can have the specifications.I have heard that there is someone in Wales who has specs unfortunately I don not have the details.

Most grateful for your ideas.

does it have a cam vernier pulley? theres no correct way to set them, they need to be adjusted on a rolling road

does it have a cam vernier pulley? theres no correct way to set them, they need to be adjusted on a rolling road

I think what he meant was get it on the rollers and have a play around adjusting them to see where the power/torque moves to.

agree on rolling road, who wants to keep driving up and down a road stopping all the time to adjust their cam timing?

As has been said already there is no right or wrong, mine was retarded 3 degrees then went to stand alone and its not centered at 0 degrees.

All depends on what mods you have to where the best power band is.

about £50 an hour at stealth, budget for 2 hours which will inc power runs and tune up and print out rathert than guessing with the butt dyno

you should understand how venires work,they don't increase power but just change the power band time when the cams come in to action,you should try it on the road...sorry the real world ,you will be surprised how piss easy it is to do.