Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Gromit in rear wiper hole?

have seen people take the rear wiper off and put a gromit in the hole.

anyone got pics of this done?

Bloody rear wiper packed up this morning, ffs, seems to be losing something each week :lol:

might just get rid of it instead of fixing it, i think its the motor, could just be something loose, i did have a developing rattle from the rear recently

Get a 19mm one from B&Q, not halfords as it doesnt fit ight enough and just bin the wiper, cleans the rear up a treat. No need for rain x or anything like that..

I have this done to mine but dont think i have an actual picture of it..

is it possible to colour the gromit or are they too flexible/rubbery

thanks for the answer, will send dad to B&Q :lol:

clack gromet looks ok, tried painting mine but looks worse, think itd be glass out to weld up the hole, some pics of the gromett pg2 in my gallery

Put a gromit in mine, got it from halfords. fit was fine, has never leaked. although i did seal it in from underneath just in case! Done it a few months ago now, painted it and lacquered it too. has been through a good few car washes since and no paint has flaked, just make sure you rough it up first. Also, don't forget to block the washer pipe!

Gromit.JPG[/attachment:20ys5z5o]

Sorry if the pic is cr*p, just took it outside in the rain..

I just went to my local bodyshop, Gave them my paint code (LC6U) and they mixed me up a can. Think halfords will do it too. look in your boot and you will find the paint code on a sticker.

Thanks, Think the water helps hide it. It is a fairly good match though, and if it does peal its only cheap to respray or replace.

i might grab a few gromits and get them all properly sprayed when chappy does my arches.....will have spares then, looks loads better 8)