Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

central locking help

Hello

I have J plate 92' corrado, I had a key fob for the central locking but I lost it. Does this age car come standard with central locking and keyfob? Is there anything I can do about it.

Also is it standard for a corrado to have total closure? my windows came up when I pushed the key fob. Does this sound like a aftermarket add on?

Its not a big problem at the minute , but when I did lose it I had two passat handles that had no key holes. :shock: :shock:

cheers

Kempy

the original alarm i have does total closure, a vag5000 or something

do you know what the fob looked like?

It was dark green rectangular with 3 angled purple rubber lines which were the button

My '94 VR6 has total closure as standard through the door lock / switch. If the windows are left down, just holding the key in the lock position closes the windows and doors. It shouldn't cost any more for an aftermarket to be fitted and intercept the door lock / switch wiring to do the same thing via the original wiring as the function is already there.

so I shouldnt have to buy anything to expensive to get it working with the original system?

If you can use the key as described to close the windows and doors then it shouldn't cost much more if anything. I recently got a quote for a getting a new Clifford Concept 650 fitted and they said that if the car had the closure via the lock originally then it won't cost anymore to get the alarm working with that.

the door windows do go up with the key, I can see a alarm under the hood but I never heard it go off, I will go and get a new key fob I think.

cheers

kempy