Sign in to follow this  
mariojoshi

The - Name that random connector hanging in my 'bay thread!

Well guys and gals..

Like most of my posts.. it does exactly what it says on the tin.

I've found a random connector hanging down on the drivers side of my engine bay.. just below my chin spoiler.

It's blue.. (usually meant temp related on my old polos) with a grey attachment... (which is not a bulb holder)

The loom for it goes back up into the bay, round the drivers wing and into the large metal cylinder in the centre of the bay on the bulkhead at the back (I think)

What in name of all things VW is it?

I can't find anything around it that it could possibly plug into!

Sorry it's not the most informative pic in the world.. awkward position.

The grey attachment defo has two metal connectors inside it so I guess it's not just a blank. It has a central plastic prong on the inside on the other end, so I assume it's not actually an electrical connection there.. but maybe a sensor?!

randomplugnx7.jpg

HELP!

Many thanks!

Josh

Yep, the grey bit is the temperature sensor. Of course if you're like me, you've relocated it to a cold air feed coming up where the carbon cannister used to be (on my G60) to monitor air temps coming into the air box :D

Guys!

You've really given me a bit of peach of mind. I was a bit worried earlier! This is the first car I've had with the MFA setup, so it didn't click.

JMC - you sir, are a legend! What a clever idea!

next up for guess that wire... brown wire with spade connector, comes in the engine bay with the loom just behind the metering head. when i touch it to metal it turns the fan on. fan works fine, even have a switch on the dash to manually turn it on. no idea what the wire is meant for though.

That should connect up to a small thermo switch at the front left side of the rocker cover. The spade connection can snap off them, so it may need to be replaced.

It basically controls the fan over-run to keep the fan going for a few mins after you turn the engine off :wink:

Thanks for pointing out what this is - my temp sensor just seems to have dropped off my MFA after the radiator was replaced, so given it looks like it's right next to the radiator was probably knocked loose whilst fitting!

Cheers

Phil

I am ok on the engine bay front but think there should also be a " Name that random wire/connector flapping around by my fuse box thread " :grin:

Ive got millions. Might post a photo tomorrow to give everone a laugh :ignore: