Sign in to follow this  
renson

Stupid Horn

Just searched and can't seem to find anything on this, my horn works fine unless i'm going straight ahead. I have to turn the wheel slightly to make the horn work. I'm using the original steering wheel, has anyone else had this happen? What can cause this? Also is it usual to only be able to open/close one window at a time, on my other cars i've had i could do both windows at the same time...

i can only do one window at a time too.

the horn issue could be dodgy contacts behind the wheel, see if you can take it off and clean the brass type ring up

i can only do one window at a time too.

That is so pants, isn't it? But it's perfectly normal on a Corrado!

Allegedly you can do a straight swap for the window controller module from a Passat and it'll do both windows at the same time, but my guess is it's like this for a reason (wiring/fuses/whatever) so probably best to live with it.

Have a check at the earth as well, from memory (10+yrs) my Goof failed a MOT on this.. turned out the earth was on a UJ with slight play so it wasn't making a connection, moved to chassis et viola!

Thanks for the speeedy replies, will look into checking the horn and earth asap. At least i know my windows work correctly!!