Sign in to follow this  
kris99

Source BMC cda

Hi folks, finally got my VR6, will post pics later on in week once given it a clean.

Wee question the now though. I am trying to source an induction kit for the VR6. It has a Miltex exhaust on it, however want to hear more of the v6 grunt, hence the induction kit.

I've been scanning through the site and noticed that the BMC cda is the one to go for.

http://Anyone know who sells them at a resonable price. Best i've found so far is £160.00 however thats for the 2.8 vr6 off the Mk3 Golf. http://Would this work?

That's about the right price for a CDA unless you go 2nd hand.

They only make two different types, under 1.6 engine size and over 1.6 so make sure you get the bigger one, if you buy the Golf one you will just need to source about 10cm of hose to connect it up to your maf, Stealth do a Corrado fitting kit but it's kinda pricey for what is essentially a bit of sillicon hose so just get your own.

First time I booted it after fitting mine I very nearly messed myself, sounds absolutely amazing!!

First time I booted it after fitting mine I very nearly messed myself, sounds absolutely amazing!!

Ooooo........Dont tempt me to be stupid and go out and buy one - i just havent got the funds right now!

Ooooo........Dont tempt me to be stupid and go out and buy one - i just havent got the funds right now!

Beg, steal, or borrow...just get one, it'll make you happy :)

(until you get addicted to the sound and double the amount of fuel you get through just to hear it on song)

Had mine sitting in storage for for ages while I moved house. Finally got round to fitting it last weekend and it sounds absolutely amazing! Love the way it changes engine note with the Schrick manifold too! £160 seems about right for new, and totally worth it!

LA LA LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Thats it though, you LOOOVE the sounds so you use more right for more often :lol: It doesnt cost you £160 :lol:

i supply them brand new - what model of bmc do people use on the corrado vr? theres no std one listed for the corrado - does anyone have the model no. for the corrado that is normally used?

i supply them brand new - what model of bmc do people use on the corrado vr? theres no std one listed for the corrado - does anyone have the model no. for the corrado that is normally used?

Mk3 Golf Vr6

Hey,

Well have just fitted a mates K&N induction kit off his unused VR6.To be honest it's good, but not that big an improvement compared to the standard drilled airbox I had before.

Don't know if it's worth now forking out £160 for an BMC?

:?

Kris

Hey,

Well have just fitted a mates K&N induction kit off his unused VR6.To be honest it's good, but not that big an improvement compared to the standard drilled airbox I had before.

Don't know if it's worth now forking out £160 for an BMC?

:?

Kris

If its just the noise you want, a K&N panel filter in your original drilled airbox will do the trick, the K&N induction offers no shelter from the engine heat whereas the BMC does, and it looks good 8)