Sign in to follow this  
bruny

Space saver/ warning tiangle

Does anybody know which year did the space saver wheel come in? I thought it was a later addition but I have a 92 Vr6 with a space saver spare! Also are new VW red triangles the same as 92? Dont want to enter concours with the wrong bits :shock: Any advice much appreciated :)

I think full size spares/spacesavers were allways an option thing, not sure that there was any difference to do with the year the car was made.

I can't say it's something i've ever taken notice of, but as far as I know the warning triangle has allways been in a red or orange plastic case in early and late models - i've no idea what the new ones from VW look like sorry :)

I'm sure they still come in orange plastic case from the dealers but then again, when you order something needing it to be just as it was years ago they go and change the design. Plastic engine covers case in point.

You are more than welcome to borrow my triangle ( :shock: ) for Stanford as my Storm is going no where near the concours for a while.

I think pre 92 cars came with full size spares, well mine has a full size on a 91 H anyway, J onwards later facelift ones had the flatter boot carpet, well all the ones i ahve looked at have but its Karmann built so who knows! the triangle is in all of them and think they were all orange unless someones nabbed it and put a different one in!

I'm sure they still come in orange plastic case from the dealers but then again, when you order something needing it to be just as it was years ago they go and change the design. Plastic engine covers case in point.

You are more than welcome to borrow my triangle ( :shock: ) for Stanford as my Storm is going no where near the concours for a while.

Thanks for offer Jude, have ordered one anyway, will see if its right and let you know :D

Aqua 60, I thought earliest C's had full size spares but wasn't sure when option became available. Guessing mines ok then wiyh space saver :D