Sign in to follow this  
kevin

gsf gaskets

does anyone recommend using main steeler head gasket set ,or are the after market ones sold by g.s.f just as good, :infinity:

I've heard main dealer ones are a lot better quality.

So yeah, save your pennies and get a GSF - but it'll need replacing sooner :?

As long as the gasket is made by Bosch then you'll be fine I think. Bosch make the same gaskets for other companies other than VW. These ones are still marked with the Bosch logo and have a hologram on the package.

does anyone recommend using main steeler head gasket set ,or are the after market ones sold by g.s.f just as good, :infinity:

ALWAYS, ALWAYS use genuine OE gaskets ... have rebuilt engines in the past with pattern part gaskets... you get leaks before you know it.. one example was rebuilding a 20 XE lump on my work bench (Vauxhall 16v redtop) for a mate - he wanted to keep costs low so we got pattern parts - big mistake - the sump was leaking after 100 miles and the head gasket went about 600 miles later... genuine parts cured it but alot of extra work !!!!

Scott.

yep id always go with a vw head gasket.....maybe skimp on other easier to do gaskets...make sure you get the proper steel g60 one