Sign in to follow this  
STUMACG60

Hiding place for front component crossovers!!!

Whilst looking for an annoying rattle behind the instrument cluster, i found the perfect hidig place for brick sized crossovers. There is two large areas once the instrument cluster is removed or placed to one side.Also the speaker original wiring passes by on the left which is handy!!! My huge MB Quarts are now hiding behind there :D :D .

Hope this helps you all in future installs 8)

Excellent, been contemplating this for a week, the passenger side is gonna live on top of the under dash tray below the glovebox, but I've been unsure where to mount the drivers side one.

Cheers for that! :D

P.S. How much is involved in removing the instrument cluster once the front surround is out?

Excellent, been contemplating this for a week, the passenger side is gonna live on top of the under dash tray below the glovebox, but I've been unsure where to mount the drivers side one.

P.S. How much is involved in removing the instrument cluster once the front surround is out?

Two screws, pull it towards you from the top and unclip the wiring. Its a bit easier if you take out the headlight switch/air vent too.

Piece of pish, just don't drop the screws when putting it back it in!

Two screws, pull it towards you from the top and unclip the wiring. Its a bit easier if you take out the headlight switch/air vent too.

Piece of pish, just don't drop the screws when putting it back it in!

Cheers dude, another job for the weekend then. 8)

Like corradodude said, dont drop the screws when trying to put back in, the r/h side one was a wee bit trickier, but 10 mins from start to finish mate. Saves tearing the car to pieces too :D :D .

Also on the older models there`s four screws hold the instrument shroud in, dont know about post 92 model though. Enjoy :D

They can be attached to the back of the door cards with double sided sticky pads if you put them in the correct position.

That's where my MB Quart ones are :)