Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

one day or one week car insurance????

yeah, I know you can get 1 week insurance 'cos I've used it a few times when moving cars about to get 'em sprayed/rebuilt etc...

dunno about 1 day though... Probably if you want to spend enough! :? :lol:

think this would normally 'bolt on' to your existing policy, Ive added another car for a month onto my admiral policy before.......dont think you could get 1 week insurance if you dont currently have a live policy......be well expensive if you could!

Might be wrong though

thanx for the response guys

at the mo i dont have any insurance and as i need to move the car to the srayes in two weeks time i either wanted one day or one week insurance

Henny how did you use???

alex

I used HIC... Harry1000 may be right about it being a "bolt on" though, as I was insured with them on a different car at the time as well... :?

Phone around and explain what it is you wanna do... I'd bet that some companies would be only too happy to take some money off you as it's gonna be a lowish risk drive in their eyes... 8)

yeah well im planning to find out what a corrado can do with no interior :lol:

Just don't tell THEM that! :roll: :lol: :lol: Seriously though, if you explain to them exactly why you only need a few days insurance, I'm sure one of the recommended insurers (have a search about, there's enough threads on the subject!) will do you a decent deal... 8)

well just spoken to HIC who insured me and told me until im 25 no luck matey

Also i got a reqoute from when i am 25 and its come down £158 !!!!!!!!!!

I can believe a month can make such a difference

Alex cant you get it trailored to the sprayers as once it's there they will be covered under there business insurance a local company will probably only charge £25 if it's fairly local to tow it be alot cheaper than trying to get a weeks insurance I am going to have my car sprayed at the begining of January as there's no engine in it Iwill have to trailor it or drive it fred flinstone style :D

Ah, didn't think about your age being a problem... at 28 I forget that it was harder to get insurance when I was younger... :oops:

yeah thank to this change in insurance Laws if your under 25 u better bend over back wards and take it like a man lol

Mate i would get it trailed but im in london body shop is in bournemouth not exactly local lol

Aposeqil

Where are you taking it in bournemouth. My C's going into Christchurch Bodywork Centre on the 01/12/03. 3 miles away from bournemouth

im taking it to a guy called Garry and i think his business name is coach work insigma or something like that

ive seen the work he has done on alot of corrados in the bournemouth and surrounding areas and he knows what he is talking about and has been the only guy i can say i can trust with my car so i decided to go there

if your about on the week of the 8th december im going to get a few of the guys out from the corrado club etc to have a few drinks as im down in bournemouth that week