Sign in to follow this  
DEL VR6

VR6 or G60 Which is faster

I always get asked this, and as i have only had a 2.0 16v and a VR6, i dont really know. But people in here must know, and know the differences and pros and cons....

VR6 - 190bhp

G60 - 160bhp

The G60 although having less bhp in standard form does have a fair amount of torque - due to the supercharger.

Many G60's are tuned and 190-200bhp is not all that uncommon. There are even a few supercharged VR6's around

The main difference is that that the VR6 seems to appeal to a different type of person to a G60. If you like the smoothness, later interior, etc - then the VR6 is the engine to go for. If you like real "eyeballs out" type driving then the G60 is the car. The G60 has a lighter front end, consequently it is slightly better balanced than the VR.

.....whistle of the charger is pretty wicked/addictive as well........suspect the Vr6 sounds good in a diff. way though

thing with it is that the cars are always compared from standard which would make the VR a better machine but theres not many standard G60's about is there. i think the G60 gets heavily underestimated by those who are yet to take one on.

as steve says, depends what your after.

Yeah, with the VR, you get that nice V-6 sound, especially made louder with the addition of a induction kit under acceleation. (And people turn to look and stare in disgust... Wonder if TVR drivers have to put up with the same thing?) Is it true that the supercharger on a G60 needs constant attention? or is that just hearsay?

Yeah, with the VR, you get that nice V-6 sound, especially made louder with the addition of a induction kit under acceleation. (And people turn to look and stare in disgust... Wonder if TVR drivers have to put up with the same thing?) Is it true that the supercharger on a G60 needs constant attention? or is that just hearsay?

Every 50k (ish)

The supercharger only needs re-condtioned every 40,000/50,000 miles depending on the size of pulley your running. In my case this only costs me £200 for new seals, bearings etc as I do the work myself.

Sandy G60

thing with it is that the cars are always compared from standard which would make the VR a better machine but theres not many standard G60's about is there. i think the G60 gets heavily underestimated by those who are yet to take one on.

as steve says, depends what your after.

I totally agree :) :) :)