Sign in to follow this  
sparks

standard intercooler mod

hi guys

ive reading on here and caught a couple of time that darren(i imagine from g werk) has told people of a simple mod to improve the heat soak/air flow into the standard intercooler

any one want to tell me about it as im still a newbie on here and cant find this mod

cheers

stu ..

It's no subsitute for a FMIC set up (my current project) but its a mod that actualy helps the air pass out and through the standard factory intercooler helping it work more efficiently ,the problem with drilling holes is you'll get road crap blocking up the vents in your intercooler in no time, i discovered that audi had been using this idea for a while on TT's and S3's i looked in the arch of a mates audi TT and saw they have a vented grill situated directly behind the intercooler that looked about the right size for what i needed also the added bonus of keeping that factory look, so poped down to my local Audi dealer, purchased an arch liner i think it was less than £20 cut the grill out then used it as a template and then cut out a similar sized hole in my corrado's liner then rivited it into place job done! hope that helps! :D