Sign in to follow this  
lee_golf_v5

Curious about price......

Out of curiosity, my VR, 104k on the clock, not got a great deal of history, lowered with springs on standard shocks, 16" RS4 reps, standard apart from some uprated brakes on the front. It seems there is an issue with the cooling system, possible head gasket I am not sure tbh as im not the best mechanically, so if you were to take into consideration the possibilty that this needed doing to the car, what price would it fetch do you think......

Lee

anywhere between £2-3k depending on how bad that issue is and whether its in good nick and has a good spec otherwise (leather/paint/other major repairs completed?)

Selling up already?!

If it was bought recently then surly its value isn't far off what was paid for it? :eek:

Not neccesarily selling up, but I obviously did not see the possible head gasket coming, thought it seemed fine, from driving it today it seems that every so often something (I assume its coolant) drips onto a hot part of the engine and evaporates causing steam, so it is not a constant which makes me think maybe just a leak as opposed to head gasket....

Anyway, my problem is that I cannot afford to have a car in the garage for too long while works are carried out due to needing it everyday all day tbh, so if it transpired works needed to be carried out then I would look to sell and pay towards another car, may sound stupid but I am not left with much choice. Also the cooland doesn't seem to drop really.....

anywhere between £2-3k depending on how bad that issue is and whether its in good nick and has a good spec otherwise (leather/paint/other major repairs completed?)

It has heated leather, the alloys and lowering springs mentioned above (40mm I believe) a sony cd player, everything is original except I changed the grill to an FK badgeless one, I still have the colour coded original, and some shitty aerial that when I get around to it will be changed.

Lee