Sign in to follow this  
mattosmond

Cutom Code or Upsolute chips - Anyone had either?

HI guys been looknig to get my A3 1.8T non drive by wire (so cant be flashed through the port) remapped - Basically I have done my reading up on all of them (superchips revo etc) and have come to the decision that custom code suits my needs best, but CCC tech do mobile fitting of upsolute chips too. Has anyone had any experience of either company with tuning a VAG car?

Custom code is £248 fitted plus DV valve

Upsolute is £275 fitted plus they recommend just changing your old DV valve for a new Audi one, not the forge 007

Please help... :help:

If your down in Southampton it may be worth having a chat with JKM in Pompey, im hearbing a lot of good things about those guys at the moment...

the only think is that jkm want £450 plus for a remap - i'm not tight but i have heard good things of custom code and they are £200 less!! :scratch:

i had a CCC tech on my golf gti turbo (non DBW). Amazing....over the moon with it!! No complaints and the guy was really helpful (Simon???)

Paid £200 or £250 for it in a group buy so great value aswell

Andy

I had an Upsolute chip fitted to my Leon Cupra at their agents in Rochester a few years ago - massive improvement and no issues at all - only possible downside was the fact it wouldn't cruise comfortably at 80, it was far happier at 100

I had an Upsolute chip fitted to my Leon Cupra at their agents in Rochester a few years ago - massive improvement and no issues at all - only possible downside was the fact it wouldn't cruise comfortably at 80, it was far happier at 100

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe i'll go with the ccc tech (upsolute) one then... I spoke to Simon too and he seemed very knowledgeable.. whereas other people have seemed full of sh!t... (not mentioning any names).... did fuel economy drop much??? :confused4: not thati am really bothered

Fuel consumption did drop to an average of about 27-28mpg - well worth it though, power delivery was so strong and consistent the thing just flew, I had a cat back Milltek and K&N panel filter fitted and it was RR'd at 236bhp