Sign in to follow this  
remix

2.0 16v tuning

ive tried searching the forum but as yet nothing on it except for forced induction routes,

could people give me some pointers in the direction of a thread or what the usual route is for this engine

ive got some KR cams on there way to me hopefully

and the new panel filter and de-snorkled, drilled airbox

but what would be next?remember something on gas flowing them....

Have a look here ;)

A decent exhaust + decat would be next on the list, followed by a flowed head. After that, you're looking at forced induction really...

de-snorkled, drilled airbox

Chris I would put the snorkel back and seal up the holes with silicone, it will run worse like that and you will loose torque,buy an ecu chip from powerchips on ebay, the best £30 you will spend when combined with your kr inlet cam

buy an ecu chip from powerchips on ebay, the best £30 you will spend when combined with your kr inlet cam

Interesting.....tell us more? There was a thread about those on here last year but we had no definative answer....

Performance increase (rolling road chart?)

MPG change?

Sounds promising, what was the performance difference then? i.e power develops from n revs......

Did you do this at the same time as fitting your cam?

I fitted it after the the cam, the power curve stayed more or less the same its just more responsive, I tried it with , 97 and Tesco 99 octane petrol but seems to run better with 95, I also ftted a windage tray which seems to help at high revs but the cat is still on so I guess that will be restricting it a bit at the top end.