Sign in to follow this  
colsy

Clutch slave cylinder failure?

Hi Guys,

Had my rado 6 days and have allready hit a hurdle....frustrated, i hope its not the begining of a very expensive relationship!! basically this mornin i noticed the car was stuck in gear when i tried to move out of reverse into first, the clutch pedal had not returned from its depressed position. had a look under the car when i got home and noticed hyd oil on the bell housing?!?! formiong a small pudle on the floor any ideas people? what are the possibilities of it being a slave cylinder failure? what are the other possibilities?, what work is involved to fix. what might i expect to pay if i decide to go to VW? Cheers,

Col.

Yep, sounds very like it but also check the pipe leading to it isn't wet / rotted away (this is happening more now as most Corrado's have have one slave cly already)

New ones are alloy (not painted) so you will able to tell if it's original / old - £30-40 for a new one fron GSF / VW and shouldn't take more than an hour to fit / bleed

Cheers supercharged,

is there need to drop the gear box, or can the fix be done with engine & box in situ?

Cheers,

Col.

Its fiddly but can be done in situ. Its tricky trying to get to the bolts but doable but putting the new one in requires forcing it in against the pressure of the plunger.

Its fiddly but can be done in situ. Its tricky trying to get to the bolts but doable but putting the new one in requires forcing it in against the pressure of the plunger.

Had the same thing happen on my g60 about 3 days after i bought it, just pressed the peddle down and there it stayed... :( Picked up a new alloy part and about 2 hours later we where back in business, did it all in place on my drive.