Sign in to follow this  
andygal

Scorpion alarm range

Hey,

I have a scorpion alarm cat 1 fitted to my C. It works perfectly but the range on the remote is soooo poor. You have got to be right up at the window pointing it in to get the car to open.

Is there anything i can do about it?? Extend the length of the aerial?? Would it just be a matter of connecting some wire onto the origional and runnig it to give a better range?? If so does anyone know which wire it would be and where the norm place to locate the brain is??

Cheers,

Andy

Ithought the thinking behind it was that the infra red signal could not be "read" by unscrupulous people, so the range was set intentionally short so that no-one could get inbetween the signal.......thats what i heard anyway........mine works from about 10 foot, so it may be a tiring battery in your fob..............Oh just seen how old this thread was doh !........... :D

mine works well, (i say well, its not great) from the front, but totally crap when approaching the car from the back. How should the front sensors be angled for best performance?

I've tried adjusting the sensors but this hasnt done much. I believe there is a way to increase the range by wiring the aerial to the car aerial? Is this even advisable?

the old sttle fobs on vehicles used to be infra red, but nowadays they have all change rf radio frequency, battery is the 1st point of call, try the other fob if you have one, if its better then its the fob,if not then it maybe the receiver in the car, has this been like it since you have owned the car? :?

what sort of range are you getting ,if you have tryed the other keyfob and the batteries are good, it can only be the receiver/ariel inside the unit, time for an upgrade perhaps?? :lol: