Sign in to follow this  
boost monkey

POR-15 Starter Kit from Frost, experiences?

Yo team,

I picked up one of these for £20ish to test it out before shelling out for litres of its individual parts. It's still in a box in my room (as I hammerited the cross-member in the end). It's made up of a little bottle of Marine Clean and Metal Ready plus a small tin of POR-15 rustproof black paint. Anyone had any experiences with it? I have heard good things about it so far. I'm hoping to use it on my rad support panel as that definitely needs more than just hammerite.

Cheers,

Jon.

Used the kit on my block. Bloody good stuff. The Marine clean is awesome. I used a little bit of the supplied thinners in with the paint too, and it went on really well. Highly recommended :)

DSC02510.jpg

DSC02508.jpg

Not used POR 15 but the paint stripper that they also do is very good, ate through a coat of 2 pack with no problems.

Only issue is that is smells like fish..

Do you reckon it would be good on brake calipers?

Although it doesn't seem to come in white, like I want...

IMO, the paint looks Hammerite-ish, but I hate brush-on stuff. it's too easy to get a run even though it's really gloopy!

Edit: so yes, should work on calipers. I've learnt the hard way that degreaser will eat old rubber seals though! (They were past it anyways)

Good old plasticote should do it, why you want white for that virginal effect? ;)

I gather the cost of fertilizer has increased by 50% over the last year, this is according to the local radios farming report that for some odd reason one of the guys at work keeps telling me about. Oh and this is completely :offtopic:

Yeah, the rising cost of oil has rooted the fertiliser market. Not very easy to get your hands on now either.

Hmm, would plasticote do the job then? Just want to see what colour coded calipers would be like? Not that I'll ever wash them... lol

Good old plasticote should do it, why you want white for that virginal effect? ;)

I gather the cost of fertilizer has increased by 50% over the last year, this is according to the local radios farming report that for some odd reason one of the guys at work keeps telling me about. Oh and this is completely :offtopic:

You can post whatever you wants, I don't care! :notworthy:

Yeah, the rising cost of oil has rooted the fertiliser market. Not very easy to get your hands on now either.

Hmm, would plasticote do the job then? Just want to see what colour coded calipers would be like? Not that I'll ever wash them... lol

Yeah plasticote is a good metal paint, no rust-inhibiting properties afaik, but then all the calipers i've ever seen are brown even after a good brushing and degrease :shrug: