Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

My lights wont turn off!!!

All of the turn signals on my valver are permenantly on! I pulled up at home today and they were all on, front rear and side turning signals. I started the car and they stayed on, i put the hazards on and off, and they stayed on. I put the indicators on and off, they all stayed on. I even removed the fuses and they still stayed on!

I disconnected the battery, left it a few hours then put it back on, and they're still on. Could this be caused by a dodgy alarm/immobiliser? Mines a really old one, cant remember the name (throw some old alarm names at me and i'll probably recognise it). Last year the water tank burst and poured water onto the alarm control box, so mr AA man came out and rewired it slightly. So now it really only controls the central locking and isnt hooked up to the alarm system, and it acts up quite a bit.

Anyone got any ideas?

Have you tried locking it using the key and not the fob?

Yeah, makes no difference. If the battery is attached then all the indicators are on. Doesnt matter if the engine is on/off, alarm on/off, doors open, driving along, parked up, doesnt matter, the indicators are permenantly on, obviously unless i disconnect the battery, which is what ive done this evening.

Hopefully tomorrow it will solve itself.

Im just getting sick of this car now, its managed to go a full 10 days without going wrong again, woo fucking hoo.

What about the relay for the lights, if its welded the contacts together as can happen over time then that may cause them to be on permantly.

When you use the indicator stalks or the hazards are they still on or do they flash.

What about the relay for the lights, if its welded the contacts together as can happen over time then that may cause them to be on permantly.

When you use the indicator stalks or the hazards are they still on or do they flash.

Just permenantly on, no matter what i do.

I guess the first thing to do would be to take a look at the relay tomorrow, i was miffed when they carried on working after i removed the fuses.

Athough its not bad thing if the immobiliser is knackered, ive been meaning to replace it for ages, this will just give me the boost i need to sort it