Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

Suspension question...

As soon as I put my new g-lader in, I'm going to cut the springs on my current suspension to lower it a bit.

So this is my question. After I cut these springs I will still have another set of struts, shocks, and springs that will put it to the stock ride height. So if I'm going to cut these springs, should I still consider investing in a set of coilovers, or is it acceptable to just put the stock set on come winter?

its up to you mate,can you be bothered swaping suspension every time? Cutting the springs will make for a sh*t ride,just save up and by coilovers :tongue:

Haha, I'm probably going to end up with coilovers at some point. Cutting the springs is just to hold me over. And it's basically already a sh*t ride :lol:

if you cut the springs on standard shocks the shocks will keep bottoming out and or riding on the stops not nice at all if you think its bad now its going to get worse :(

and this should be in drivetrain not that i am the thread police or anything :D

if you cut the springs on standard shocks the shocks will keep bottoming out and or riding on the stops not nice at all if you think its bad now its going to get worse :(

and this should be in drivetrain not that i am the thread police or anything :D

Ah, I wasn't sure where this should go :lol:

Right now the springs that are on it are Neuspeeds, and I have a set of H&R and Bilsteins, both with H&R springs on them that are probably the ones that I'm going to cut. Although I'm trying to get the finances around to get the coilovers sooner, but we'll see where this goes.

Thanks for the input.