quicky1980

99.9mpg on a VR6

Ive recently fitted a vr6 engine into my car, and after finding out the speedo didnt work (faulty gearbox) I swapped the gearbox and sorted that issue out. Now while I was driving around with the faulty gearbox I didnt have the fuel consumption reading on my instrument cluster, I put this down to the speedo not working.

So I now have a working speedo, but mpg reads 99.9mpg. Ive looked this up on the forum and people say its the purple wire behind the dash/fuse box. Ive looked this up and all seems to be connected properly. Could it be anything else?

Im using a golf vr6 ecu which vince at stealth remaped to a corrod spec. cant say for sure if the clusters mpg is working due to it being fitted while the engine was swapped. dont want to be swapping stuff again if it could be something more simple that ive missed

thanks

not on the vr's

My Canadian one does at home. It is however, a VERY early VR with a build date in January 92.

i think there have ben a few posts the last few weeks, still not sure whats going on either..just gonna get mine on VAGCOM, can let you know what it says, may be of some help!

i think there have ben a few posts the last few weeks, still not sure whats going on either..just gonna get mine on VAGCOM, can let you know what it says, may be of some help!

you get anywhere? i have replaced the clocks,and checked the wires(to the best of my ability) and also changed the ecm. but still no luck

you get anywhere? i have replaced the clocks,and checked the wires(to the best of my ability) and also changed the ecm. but still no luck

to be honest i gave up..nothing showed up on VAGCOM and its only a rough guide anyways and everything else on the MFA works perfectly so just decided to focus time on other things..let me know if you ever do find out though.

i have a 1.8 16v and mine also constantly read 99.9mpg. but recently whilst playnig with the fuse box when fitting new radio ive used the car again and it works for a bit them goes back to 99.9 again im thinking suamt in the fuse box =]

no never got to the bottom of this so ended up fitting a 3.2 v6 instead lol

if you have a vacuum pipe on the back of the clocks it sounds like you have a non vr rado. check its connected to the ecu and has no leaks or splits