Sign in to follow this  
flusted

G60 Chip installation guide for wiki?

heres a rough guide to fitting a chip to a g60 ecu, pics may not be very good as used my mobile but you may want to add to wiki if you reckon good and accurate enough.

Locate the ecu, its under the scuttle on the right hand side as you face the engine.

Once you've located ecu, the holder its attached to will need removing from car. Its held in by 1x10mm nut.

ABCD0020-2.jpg

Unplug the big plastic wiring plug by pressing the little metal retainer away from the plug, then remove the ecu vacuum pipe.

Now remove the air intake grill for the dash board blowers which is located to the right of the ecu. Mine just lifted up on the wing side, then slid to the right but i think its ment to have a circlip on it.

ABCD0019-4.jpg

You should know be able to remove the ecu and bracket by sliding it towards the passenger side (if RHD)

Remove the ecu from the metal bracket by undoing the 2x cross head screws.

ABCD0014-4.jpg

ABCD0015-3.jpg

You now need to take ecu apart by undoing the 3x cross head screws plug end, then 4x cross head screws the opposite end on each corner.

ABCD0011-5.jpg

ABCD0013-4.jpg

The ecu should now pull apart exposing the insides.

ABCD0008-5.jpg

Lift up the thin plastc shield to expose the circuit board.

The cip is located under this metal cover.

ABCD0010-3.jpg

the cover needs removing by undoing 2x cross head screws on the right, then pull up the 2x plastic expander pins the opposite side.

The cover should now pivet up.

ABCD0006-4.jpg

Now to access the chip, you need to remove the 5x threaded flat blade screws which have 8mm nuts on the other end.

you should now be able to see the chip. I replced my sns one in pic with a g-werks 1 specific to my mods

ABCD0005-3.jpg

CAUTION, when touching the chip whilst its still on the board, you need to be touching a metal part of the board to prevent any static build up harming the chip.

Before removing the chip, make sure you look which way the it goes by noting which end has a small cut out on it.

The chip will carefully lift up out being carefull not to bend the chip legs.

ABCD0004-2.jpg

As usual, refitting is the reverse of removal. Sorry the pics are of bad qaulity but if anyone can add better 1s then feel free

Hey I've just done sumting stupid :scratch: took chip out without checking the notch orientation

On your the last pic is the notch on left or right?

Hey I've just done sumting stupid :scratch: took chip out without checking the notch orientation

I dont think you can fit it the wrong way round.

I dont think you can fit it the wrong way round.

you can mate.

It just a normal IC.