Sign in to follow this  
VWMidas

Magnus has arrived!

Hi guys!

Im slightly extatic :multi: :dance: i have bought my first C!! His name is Magnus, he is a 94 M reg VR6 in Moonlight Blue Pearl (more details below in the Signature bit :D) a real stunner, and I got him right here at the Forum :) I'm hoping he'll be with me at Stanford on the 4th of May, but it will depend on the sale of our other VW.

I got him last Saturday nite from trudubrstu near Felixstowe. Im in south Lincolnshire, and it was a 280 mile round trip to pick him up, but he only took just over a quarter tank to do 146 miles! :shocked!: We filled up near Peterborough, and he was nearly on empty and only took about 45 quid! I didnt know they were so economical!! :grin:

I will get more pics up, but i thought i would at least take one of him on my driveway to show you all his new home setting.

VW Midas 8)

Hehehe, i think you're right Andy, It was the first time i had driven him, and i didnt really go much over 65mph :eek:

Thanks for your kind comments guys :tongue: Yeah, im sure the fuel economy will perish too :lol: especially with the noise it makes

Slimg60 - Im in Sleaford mate, just down the road :grin:

Need to get yourself signed up with the Corrado Club and get your name on the reserve list for Stanford Hallnext month, don't think there is anyone else on the reserve list at the moment so you'd stand a good chance of getting on the club display

Good idea Andy, i was meaning to get myself joined up to CCGB. I thought all the spaces had been taken up at the display at Stanford Hall though? :confused4:

They are all taken at the moment but I'd be surprised if there aren't a couple of cars dropping out - no one on the reserve list either so you'd stand a good chance of squeezing on

I LOVE that color. I wish we got it over here, but it seems all we have are red, black, and white :lol:

Take good care of him :)

thanx mate i think mine might be the same (LC5U), i dunno if its unfortunate or not but these are the Brands Hatch wheels so ive been told and are quite rare on the corrado's but they do look well. take a look at my member post ive got some pics up of the schmidts that are going on the car in the very near future :D

We filled up near Peterborough, and he was nearly on empty and only took about 45 quid! I didnt know they were so economical!! :grin:

That doesn't sound right! Cost almost £70 last time I filled up at 106p. It was on the white line beyond the red though. They aren't bad though, mine does an MFA reading of 31mpg (on the long term position 2, never reset) for a 8 mile daily commute and 100mile round trip twice a week.

Thanks again for all the kind word guys, yep dont worry, he'll be VERY well looked after, just spalashed out nearly 50 quid on valeting gear, including a Meguaires Quik Clay Kit, and some large microfiber cloths :grin:

Traverse - thats a real shame man, but i think red is an especially awesome colour on a C :D

Philuk - 'Aqua Blue Pearl Effect' is LC5U. ever so slightly different shade, but equally as awesome 8)

was8v - well, mabey it wasnt exactly near empty, it was just below the first white line, above the red thats about what, an 8th of a tank? And i did drive it like it was the only one left in exsistance, and thank Godess it isnt! :nuts: mine also managed about 30mpg too, but i was just concerntrating on the lunatic A14 traffic at the time! lol

That sure is a nice looking C, Moonlight Blue is a great colour and those wheels really suit the car.

Get used to people looking around as you drive past them 8)