Sign in to follow this  
jacko

Questions

Hi guys. im new to this forum and new to owning a corrado. i bought a rado 2.9 vr6 last week and i have a couple of questions.

My reverse lights do not work. ive checked the fuses, bulbs and connections. where would the next place to look be???

when i got the car it had about 20 litres in the tank, so i filled it to the top with just under 50 litres. what is the average milage you guys get from a full tank as i managed 320ish. is that good or bad??

thanks.

pete

My reverse lights do not work. ive checked the fuses, bulbs and connections. where would the next place to look be???

Check the condition of the reverse light switch on the gearbox.

I don't know about the reverse lights, except what's already been said.

With my rado I can average about 34mpg during the summer on the highway and about 28mpg in the city.

During the winter it sucks all my money and runs about 24mpg highway and 18mpg city :(

thanks for the info. if you work mine out it workd ou to be about 5mpg. how many miles do u get to a tank?

.....................it workd ou to be about 5mpg................................

More like about 5 miles per litre by my quick sums, low 20s mpg which is not far wrong.

320 from a tank is not too bad, I see more than that on a run although don't expect much better than 350/360. About town as low as 250 maybe, as Traverse says, summer/winter makes a big difference too. 2.9 V6 motors are not about fuel economy :lol:

good news. i was just wondering really as the biggest engine i had before the VR was a 1.8 gti. would any one be able to tell me where i could fine the reverse light switch? ive had a quick look around the gear knob under the cover but couldnt see any thing obvious

the reverse light switch is on the gearbox just right of the thermostat housing, the cable might have come off it or it might be broken, but they're only about a tenner or so from the dealer and easy to change (9mm socket if i remember). let the car cool down first though so the hoses aren't so pressurised otherwise they're hard to move... :)

. what is the average milage you guys get from a full tank as i managed 320ish. is that good or bad??

thanks.

pete

about exactly the same, am always resetting the trip thingy when i fill up

got less when using shell v-power

fantastic, thanks for the help. im sure there will me many more questions comming your way sooner or later like where would i get a set of red HT leads?

i said id be back! is there any chance some 1 could take a picture of their reverse switch and put a big arrow at what im looking for. i couldnt see any thing that looked like it could be a switch or any thing with cables coming out of it. thanks

if this doesn't help then i can get a photo tomorrow but suffice to say it doesn't look like a switch!!

if you look directly down in the bay, to the right side of the engine then you should see something roughly this shape attached to the top of the gearbox by 3 hex bolts. as said before, your problem might be that the cable has come off it but it connects on using the usual square connector to the sticky-out socket obvious in the picture.

hope that helps!

thanks for the info and help. i have located the switch and i have purchased a new one. will be fitting it over the weekend. thanks again