Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Engine bays - VR6, need some ideas - paint etc

now i'm halfway through repairing the car i'm thinking i may as well tidy up the bay a bit.

soggy battery bag has gone and i want to paint or do something with the plastic bit covering engine and clean the manifold up.

any pics of what you have done? any tips on what type of primer and paint to use?

I cleaned my inlet manifold and rocker cover etc up with a big wire brush, scraped the fcuk out of them which got rid of all the horrible old yellow crap and limescaley marks etc and brought them up nice a original. Then i went over them with some metal polish and some wire wool. Then i just used some normal back-to-black style product on the plastics and some rubber care on the rubbers (which you wont need once you have your samcos on!). Since the pic i have also cleaned my coolant reservoir up by taking it off whilst i had my coolant out, filled it half full with HOT water with fairy liquid and bleach, and half with small pebbles. Then shook the hell out of it until my arms felt like they were about to drop off and i now have a nice clean looking reservior that i can actually see my coolant level in :lol: Will do the same with my washer jet water bottle soon as well.

charger-complete.jpg

all the above put mine to shame but i didnt spend to long on it, still got some of that weird green crap on it that dosent seem to come off to well!!! that silver engine is the biz, me wants!!

engine.JPG[/attachment:1glz8mu9]

They're 10mm leads and dont fit properly in the grooves.

You can see where I have tried to clip them in (look at the top lead in the pic) but they never stay :)