Sign in to follow this  
n3p

Headlight bracket swap - MOT

Hello all,

Took the corrado for an MOT this morning, failed (boo!) on my nearside headlight having a broken top clip, therefore making it 'insecure' and pointing slightly downward. Also have some Inpro's, but were told they would fail. Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible to swap the black bracket outer housing from my Inpro's onto the factory lights? Just for 1 sodding clip! Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

cant you refix the clip with araldite for now,

why would the inpros fail i am very intrested because for my sins i have inpros and also am a tester and cant see for the life of me why inpros would fail there beam pattern is far superior being a projector light and the dip beam efficiency is the only reason i had inpros and as its only dip set up that comes into a test as far as alignment is concerned i really cant understand the problem :scratch:

The bracket doesn't fit - after lots of time dismantling :( tbh mate I think it was just a podantic tester. He said I would have to buy a whole new headlight, which is annoying!

As for the Inpro, he said that if it was marked"E1" it could pass, but mine said "E4" on the light, so he declined -_-

Will be putting up a wanted post shortly. Cheers

The bracket doesn't fit - after lots of time dismantling :( tbh mate I think it was just a podantic tester. He said I would have to buy a whole new headlight, which is annoying!

As for the Inpro, he said that if it was marked"E1" it could pass, but mine said "E4" on the light, so he declined -_-

Will be putting up a wanted post shortly. Cheers

what a load of crap your tester is telling you its e marked thats it ,e mark means its approved for european use and headlights do not even need an e mark as i said before the projector lights are spot on for test in an inpro ,

i know i am a tester ,

put your inpros in get them adjusted right go back for test , and if he fails it ask him under what in the testers manual and then ask him for an appeal form see what that does for him ,

i wish i was closer i would pass it

good luck :)

Hmm i suspected that the tester was just being a grumpy graham. I'm sorry to say mate, but i broke one of the adjusters on the Inpro's when re-assembling it after it cut out on me a few weeks back :( But its good to know that they should pass.

Doesn't it feel weird to see someone else driving your pride and joy, even it is just a few yards to the MOT testing bay? :p Constant paranoia that the guy will prang it! Cheers for the help mate.

hi hope you get it all sorted

i double checked this morning on a few things and headlights dont even need a e mark to pass a test as i thought,

so as you suspected i think he was in little hitlers camp

cheers

ps . no i dont know what its like to have someone else drive your car as testers can test there own cars ,

even i dont think that should be allowed :salute:

Yea but dont you find you look harder on your own car, when i do mine i have to convice all my work mates im doing a proper test or they would mercilessly take the piss for months if they thought i was going easy on my own car :lol: :lol:

Yea but dont you find you look harder on your own car, when i do mine i have to convice all my work mates im doing a proper test or they would mercilessly take the piss for months if they thought i was going easy on my own car :lol: :lol:

hi yeah i go over it with a fine tooth comb , only thing i find is you have to keep checking yourself because if your like me havin a lift to hand you spot things and do them immediately so when it comes to test you know your own car really well , but with other peoples you dont know what to excpect ,

if that makes any sense :)

My raddo has a broken headlight bracket but the lights are snug and dont move at all im guessing mine wont pass :(

if the lights dont wobble when you move them by hand , they dont fail chances are as the c only has 3 points of mounting they will move ,give them a shake and find out.

Superchanrged, think the if fitted has to work rule changed under the new rules...

Which also don't check the battery is secure anymore either! :o

Superchanrged, think the if fitted has to work rule changed under the new rules...

Which also don't check the battery is secure anymore either! :o

neither have ever been part of a test the rules have not changed in that department

front fogs dont have to work and are not a testable item,

the battery can be hanging from the wires its not a fail only an advice (but it illegal so you can get done for it on the highway).