Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

10,000 mile service (up to 80,000miles soon)

Hey chaps,

Whats involved with a 10,000mile service at a VW dealership and what sort of price (in £'s) would I be looking at? I've not had it serviced in the UK yet, the car is currently 76,500miles, so it would be the 80,000mile service, is there anything else in particular that needs doing at that mileage?

An 80,000 mile service would be a full service and involve changing the plugs filters oil etc. You might want the brake fluid replaced too if it hasn't been done for a couple of years.

Expect to pay £250-£300 at a VW dealer and more if you need pads/discs etc.

Nah, the brake fluid was done recently when I had the front discs/pads replaced.

So there is nothing at 80,000miles that needs doing in particular like the chains/tensioners or other random belts lurking around the engine bay that I don't know about?!

D.

As far as I am aware there is no recommended interval for changing the chains. A lot of folk on here say they should be looked at around 100,000 and in particular the tensioner, which tends to wear. The chains will tend to rattle as they get older and this is a sign they are in need of changing.

As for other belts etc, they should visually inspect them and advise on anything that looks like it needs replacing.