Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Differences wide body and narrow body

Hi guys,

Please can you tell me the diffeences wide body v Narrowbody? Particularly with respect to:

Wings

Bumpers

Steering rack

Wishbones

Drive shafts

.....and everything else that you can think of.... Will the follwoing config work:

Early car with:

Keep flat bonnet - Late bumpers, lights and grill.

Front bumper, wings are physicaly wider so need to be matched.

Rear bumper is the same size early and late but thye have a different swage line around the top.

I think wide track is VR only but i could be wrong.

J/K plate cars tend to have raised bonnets.

There will be a slight discrepancy in the front corners of the wings and bonnet, as the late bonnet is more curved at the front, and the wings match this, but it shouldn't be too noticeable. Plenty of people have fitted late bonnets to early cars, so you should get an idea of the slight differences.

The wishbones are not only longer but the bottom ball joint is an inch or so further forward so are incompatible with early bearing/brake assemblies. Steering racks and cv joints are the same. Only longer track rods. ARBs are different completely . Not sure about driveshaft lengths though.

I've got an almost complete front end that I was going to transplant. Sounds like too much work. I'de be better off fitting the Late vr lights and a debadged grill and leaving it at that.

ARBs are different completely

:eek: completely forgot about this. I shan't start refurbing the ARB from a 92 to fit onto my 90 then... :ignore:

ARBs are different completely

:eek: completely forgot about this. I shan't start refurbing the ARB from a 92 to fit onto my 90 then... :ignore:[/quote:3lmvxms6]

Only on 'plus' suspension models or to put it another way - VRs.

There is a complete guide to what changed when coming in the latest Sprinter if you wanted to know but it only deals with the cosmetic changes, ie wings, lights gauges, interior etc.