Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

[G60 stage 4 owners] Who often do you hit 14psi?

Okay

I've had my charger done and ran it in. I also cleaned my intercooler out!!

Im just wondering how often everyone with a stage 4 hits the magic 14PSI!!

I have NO ISV reroute and am wondering if i've got a small hole as i dont seem to be hitting more that 12psi????

Im gonna tripple check all the hoses tomorrow around the intercooler

please clean the k&n again!!

or am i just supper paranoid!!

Nigel I think you'll find that 12psi is the average for the stg4 and 68mm pulley mine runs at about 12psi. it has gone upto 13 a couple of times but then belt slip cuts in and I loose a bit of pressure!! I'm doing the ISV re route tomoz so I will be able to find out if this does actually increase the boost pressure or weather it is just a myth. I find it strange how some people run higher pressures with the same mods, It must just be purely down to who done the work on the stg4 and how good your engine is I suppose.

Im running a 68mm pulley

I was seeing up to 14psi on the charger a while before it was redone, only rarly.

I must admitt I've not pushed the charger that hard yet but im going to wind it up tomorrow on a quiet road and see what she does. I wonder if the new belt timing belt is shinny or something and slipping more than the old one. Anyway Im hoping to change must boost gauge to one that goes from -30 to +15psi instead of -30 to +30 to give me a more acurate reading.

Im also planning on changing my boot hoses as i've sourced a set of second hand unused ones. Im also hoping to change them for metal ones in the future!!

If you are using a 68 pulley, you should have either a smaller belt or use the washers in the tensioner trick. I prefer to go for the smaller belt. Gates make it and the 68mm pulley requires the Gates belt 68416.

I know its an old topic but I hit 14psi whenever I Blip the throttle. 62mm pulley with a larger crank pulley combined with very short IC pipes and a ported charger. I hit 14psi at 2000 rpms

try the isv reroute if you haven't already. i have most of the 'official' vw literature of that time period (88-92) at home and it specifically says the isv bleeds boost past 12psi (it says it in bar but i can't remember what that is now) i bet if you reroute you'll see at least a little increase, if your charger is puttin out over 12psi to begin with.

i see 13psi when i go to ~6100rpm.. but my charger has a blown seal, leaky silencer box and dirty ic.. 65mm pulley. can't wait to see what it puts out after the rebuild and rsr outlet. i get around 5psi when i blip the throttle.

He is correct I have seen this in the VW tech videos and the VW corrado training manual. When I ran a stock charger, 68mm pulley and Neuspeed chip I saw 16psi but that was at the revlimiter. I called Aaron Neuman when i didn't see the 16psi after installing the gauge and he said that the 16psi was at the revlimiter.

This is an inetersting point. The way the ISV bleeds boost is controlled by the ECU which ultimately comes down to the map. I have experienced the stock chip and a performance chip made here "no names mentioned" which allow the ISV to vent 0.2 bar boost after 1 bar pressure is reached. I saw this repeatedly. This code has been eliminated by some German tuners and our maps.

Apparently, the US stock G60 chip doesn't have this code anyway.

Apart from this, a worn ISV will leak boost regardless.

62mm pulley :shock:

on another oint..i think i may need to investigate the isv thing. what good will.can it do fir me?