Sign in to follow this  
jedigtr

Hello from a newbie

First post, so I thought I'd say hi. I'm not a Corrado owner, sold a 94 VR6 back in 2000 and since then I've driven Jap. The reason I've registered is that my girlfriend has just bought a 1.8 16v, in fact she only picked it up this evening, and apparently i will be doing the work on it :wink:

I will have to get her to pop along to meets and events once she has got over the shock of owning a decent car :D

Skyline GTR?

Man.. what an awesome machine! Which sort is it? R32, R33, R34???? :)

Yeah I know :wink: just trying to pay off some bills first, then I aim to hit 500+ :D

Have got pix but I am at work and can't upload them, should be able to put some up tomorrow

The Skyline is just one of those fantasy cars that I could never see myself owning, despite thinking they are awesome.

I can't imagine what insurance is like, I can't imagine how much petrol a 400BHP car goes through, I can't imagine how many times people must have tried to steal the car, and I can't imagine how often you must get raced or pulled over!! :D

Insurance is group 20, just had my renewal through and it was £1291, thats with mods declared, 1 claim and 1 ban. It takes about 50 quid to fill the tank with super/optimax and it will do about 240 miles to a tank on a good day. Fortunately it is garaged and has an alarm/immobiliser sofar no one has tried to nick it and as for being raced your average boyracer doesn't try it on :) I must admit to giving it stick with a Tuscan S and a Porsche 911 GT2, and neither time was the result conclusive :D Touch wood i've not been pulled over in it either :D

jedigtr are you in worthing ?? i have seen two skylines in grey round here and one of them is a friend of mines ... is the other one yours ???

oh and welcome btw .. :lol:

jedigtr,

Hi m8 & welcome to the forum ...as you can see we appreciate any good car ...not just the Corrado 8)

You should get all the help you need on here :)

Very nice my freind!! 8) :shock:

..you must have very deep pockets!! :D bet it goes like stink!

Very nice, would be interested to see how it'd do next to my mates 400bhp 200sx :wink: So what's your other halfs C (I'm mean her car!)like? Welcome btw...

..you must have very deep pockets!! bet it goes like stink!

Not as deep as I'd like them to be :wink: It does shift a bit to :wink:

So what's your other halfs C (I'm mean her car!)like? Welcome btw...

Its a 91 J 1.8 16v, not too sure of the correct colour name but it looks like a gunmetal grey

Ahh simular colour to mine then - think it's called Storm Grey, well thats what the guy who sold it to me said it was. Nice bet she's chuffed :D

She's well chuffed :D We first met back in 2000, about 3 months after I sold my VR6 and bought a Pulsar GTI-R. She keeps saying to me that I was mad to sell it but I had my reasons. Glad she 's got one now, its certainly alot better than her old 106 :wink: