Sign in to follow this  
dublife

my 16v beeping

i wonder if you guys can help me. due to the fact that driving fast in a straight line is achievable by anybody, i like to drive round roundabouts quickly. however, there is one big roundabout in watford where i live; everytime i go round it at around 40mph (well within the speed limit) i hear a beeping noise from my dashboard. no lights flash or anything, and nothing happens to the car. it sounds exactly the same as the sound you get when your car is out of oil. does anybody know what it could be?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

It's the oil pressure alarm. You should get an accompanying flashing red light, but it's possible that's broken.

I'd be looking at getting a baffled sump and/or replacing the oil pump ...

It's caused by the oil getting thrown to one side of the sump while cornering. the oil pump will momentarily be sucking air, and your oil pressure will drop.

Make sure your oil is topped up. Also do a search through the forum, and there is loads more info to be found on the topic! :wink: