Sign in to follow this  
joby

Do bumpstops need cutting for weitec ultra gt -40mm

Just got myself some weitec ultra gts -40mm and before fitting would i need to cut the bump stops front and rear! never had to on my eibach bilstein setup -35mm, Just wondered if anyone else has :? Dont like butchering stuff like this :(

i fitted the same kit and cut the bump stops down, i wasn't going to, but the chap helping me fit it all recommended i did.

only cut off about 25mm with a stanley knife, the stops aren't too expensive, i may have a couple spare

This is what i'm interested in finding out too for my rear bumpstops, i too dont want to chop them up if not necessary as i'll end up cutting too much and make them useless :gag:

i fitted the same kit and cut the bump stops down, i wasn't going to, but the chap helping me fit it all recommended i did.

only cut off about 25mm with a stanley knife, the stops aren't too expensive, i may have a couple spare

Did you cut from the top (large diameter) or the bottom (small diameter)?

Fla - the bottom is the larger diametre is it not (talking about the rears I take it?)

Anyways - cut the bottoms off as the top part screws into the dust boot thing...

That answers it nicely :) thanks. What about the fronts, btw? one side is conic and the other slightly flat and of a larger dia. Which end should be chopped here?