Sign in to follow this  
Kezbo

Side light problem, please help!!!!

Help! Ive got a strange problem with the lights on my Corrado (1993 VR6). This has only happened this morning and I am worried I will be in flat battery city very soon!!!

The light switch is in the off position however the side lights front and rear (with dull main bulbs) is on where the ignition is on. When the ignition is turned off the drivers side side-light front and rear remain on!! The indicator switch is not up / down (i.e. its not the parking lights that are on.

Any ideas what the problem is? I suspect dodgy head light switch or some short somewhere. Anyone got any good ideas?

Thanks

i had similar where my headlight switch broke, then it all melted while trying to fix it.

be very careful

sounds like a switch problem to me disconect it and if they go off problem solved then buy a new switch , and check the loom while your there just to make sure the small earth wire is fine .

Thanks for your help guys. I am 99.9% sure it was the switch, was all crusty sounding when it was switched and something in side was rattling when i took it out. Got a replacement at VW (£55!!! how?!) and all is well. Interestingly the new switch has a green back light whereas my old one was a yellowy orange - I like the green, matches the speedo lights.