jleevr6

Very Weird noise after changing master cylinder

I changed my clutch master and slave cylinder recently but since then there's been a weird noise coming from what sounds like just where the cylinder is but everytime i try and see where it is, it doesn't do anything

Only makes the noise on idle and sometimes when i'm pulling away but doesn't seem to affect anything

Anyone got any ideas????????????????

gearbox related perhaps?

have you checked all of the fittings you have disturbed when changing the cylinders?

yeah all checked don't seem anything wrong could it be a dodgy master cylinder apart from the noise

there's no problem gear and clutch usage all brilliant slips into gear easily and never slipped out it's just weird doesn't ever happen though first thing in the morning only during the day............I'm confused

there's been a weird noise coming from what sounds like just where the cylinder is .Anyone got any ideas????????????????

Hi

Which cylinder, master or slave.

there's been a weird noise coming from what sounds like just where the cylinder is .Anyone got any ideas????????????????

Hi

Which cylinder, master or slave.

I'm guessing from the thread title that it's the master cylinder... :drinking:

Did you check all the fittings with a torque wrench or just eyeball them? Have you left a tool wedged in somewhere?!

Only makes the noise on idle ?

Hi

Put up a recording of the noise.

Everytime i go to record it there's no noise its a pain in the arse the bolt are done up tight noticed today i could feel something through the clutch pedal when the noise happens but doesn't affect anything. Could it be worth taking it off and putting it back on maybe............try and record it tomorrow sounds a bit like a low pitched buzzer

Are all the oil levels ok and have you tried re bleeding the system? Im trying to think what it could be? Are all the nipples tight and not weaping?

Check the bolts on theinside of the car, the 4 x 13 mm nuts that hold the servo, see if theres any play there? The recoring will hopefully make more sense of it?